Wednesday 6 May 2015

WISH LIST WEDNESDAY

Today's post will be showing you what I have recently added to my wishlist. This meme was created by Pen to Paper so go check them out! There are two books that have been fairly recent additions to my ever-growing wishlist.  


Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Synopsis: 

I have a curse.
I have a gift.
I'm a monster.
I'm more than human.
My touch is lethal.
My touch is power.
I am their weapon.
I will fight back.
No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal, but The Reestablishment has plans for her. Plans to use her as a weapon. But Juliette has plans of her own. After a lifetime without freedom, she's finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time—and to find a future with the one boy she thought she'd lost forever.  


Everyone that I've heard talk about this book and series has loved it and the concept really intrigues me. Juliette seems like a badass and I'm aways up for some kicka** female characters! I also like the fact that this series is completed so that way I won't have to wait for another book and can just marathon all three and the novellas.


Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

Synopsis: Around the world, black handprints are appearing on doorways, scorched there by winged strangers who have crept through a slit in the sky. In a dark and dusty shop, a devil's supply of human teeth grown dangerously low.
And in the tangled lanes of Prague, a young art student is about to be caught up in a brutal otherwordly war.
Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real; she's prone to disappearing on mysterious "errands"; she speaks many languages--not all of them human; and her bright blue hair actually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she's about to find out.
When one of the strangers--beautiful, haunted Akiva--fixes his fire-colored eyes on her in an alley in Marrakesh, the result is blood and starlight, secrets unveiled, and a star-crossed love whose roots drink deep of a violent past. But will Karou live to regret learning the truth about herself?



I've recently fallen down the booktube rabbit hole and this trilogy seems to be popular among all of the booktubers but especially with Katytastic. She is constantly raving about this trilogy and has definitely influenced me to add this to my wishlist. A lot of people say that this is a very strange/weird book and those are some of my favourite things to read so I think I'll really enjoy this. It's also a completed series so I can marathon it! I think the concept sounds really interesting and I've also never read a book that takes place in Prague! It's one of the places I would love to visit someday and I think this would be an interesting way to maybe get a peek into Prague. 
Which one of these do you think I should read first?




4 comments :

  1. Shatter Me is amazing ... really unique (both the story and the way it's written. I fell in love with it.

    Great choices!

    Dani
    Pen to Paper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm leaning towards starting that series first! I've heard a lot of people say the writing is quite beautiful so I'm excited to dive into this series.

      Erin

      Delete
  2. Shatter Me sounds amazing I hope you get it and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's the one I'm going to pick up next! I have high expectations for it now since everyone seems to love it so much :)

      Delete

Copyright © 2014 The Little Library Lounge

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi