Tuesday 5 May 2015

TOP TEN BOOKS I'LL PROBABLY NEVER READ

This week I decided to participate in the Top Ten Tuesday meme that was created by The Broke and the Bookish. These books are just the ones that I don't think I will ever get to, but that doesn't mean they're bad books. You might even love them and be able to convince me to read them!

1. Allegiant by Veronica Roth: I know, I know. I read the first two books and I absolutely loved them!  However, I got spoiled for the third book (the big spoiler, you know the one I'm talking about) so I have no inclination to read it anymore. I also heard from some people that the conclusion just wasn't very satisfying.

2. The Maze Runner by James Dashner: I started this book and I absolutely hated it. It bored me to tears and I've heard other people say the same thing about it so I'm not likely to pick it up ever again.

3. Looking for Alaska by John Green: Same thing happened as The Maze Runner. I just have a very hard time getting into this book and after hearing quite a few negative things about John Green's books I don't think I would be able to properly enjoy this book.

4. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley: I know, quite shocking since I'm an English major. I have had this book on three different course syllabi in my two years at university. Not one of those times have I been able to finish it. I just can't seem to get sucked into the story for some reason and at this point, I just don't want to read it. However, I'm probably going to have to read it for my class on English Romantics next year so I will try, yet again, to get through this.

5. Reached by Allie Condie: As I was reading the second book, Crossed, I realized I just didn't care about what happened to the characters. I was getting so annoyed that I was waiting for the book to end. I decided not to read the last book in the trilogy just because I can't bring myself to care about it when I have so many other books I want to read. 

6. Life of Pi by Yann Martel: I know a lot of people love this book. I also know a lot of people who hate this book. I just feel like I would fall into the latter category. The summary doesn't interest me at all and not even the movie seems to interest me.

7. A Walk to Remember (and all his other books) by Nicholas Sparks: While I will watch the movies when I need a good cry, these types of books just aren't for me. I never read any of them even when I was younger and I just don't think I can handle these kinds of tragic love stories anymore. 

8. Rebels: City of Indra by Kendall and Kylie Jenner: Why, why, why did they "write" a book? I just don't understand. 

9. Any of the Youtube Books: Same thing as Kendall and Kylie. While I do watch a lot of Youtubers, I can't imagine me purchasing and reading their books. Why do they feel the need to write a book? There are so many other books worth publishing that will probably get pushed aside to make room for these books and I just don't understand it.

10. Where She Went by Gayle Foreman: I just didn't really care for the first book very much. While I felt bad for the main character, I didn't particularly like her so I don't feel the need to continue on and find out what happens to her.

This was surprisingly difficult to compile but I managed to find 10! Do you agree/disagree with any of these? What books will you never read?

4 comments :

  1. I have bought Allegiant but I haven't got around to reading it yet (and yes, I know the big spoiler). I liked The Maze Runner, but different people have different tastes. I will never read another John Green book after TFIOS which I hated. The Matched series is on my list this week.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/05/top-ten-tuesday-3/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first read TFIOS I really liked it, but the more that I thought about it, I realized how bad it really was to be honest. Kudos to you for still wanting to read Allegiant! I'm about to check your list :)

      Delete
  2. I also have the Maze Runner on my list. I don't really know much about it but I don't think I would read it. I also saw the Rebels City of Indra: on another person's list. I don't think I would read that either.

    Tina, The Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the Maze Runner on a couple of lists as well! I may have added the Jenner's book partly because I don't understand why they have a book but also because I just dislike them.

      Delete

Copyright © 2014 The Little Library Lounge

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi