Thursday 30 April 2015

RIDICULOUS APRIL BOOK HAUL


This insane stack of 13 books came from my first order off of Book Outlet. In my defence, these were ordered in March but didn't come until April! From top to bottom we have:
Love Story - Jennifer Echols
Hopeless - Colleen Hoover
On Dublin Street - Samantha Young
Kissing Shakespeare - Pamela Mingle
Every Day - David Levithan 
Burning Blye - Paul Griffin
Beautiful Disaster - Jamie McGuire
Breakable - Tammara Webber
Easy - Tammara Webber
Meant To Be - Lauren Morrill
Love and Other Perishable Items - Laura Buzo
Tempest - Julie Cross
The Marriage Plot- Jeffrey Eugenides
You'll notice that these are all contemporary books with a focus on the New Adult genre. I was on a bit of a contemporary kick and have already read some of these! I am planning on doing a review/overview in the next couple of weeks on the New Adult genre which will feature some of these books so                        keep your eyes out for that!
This small pile came from a second order from Book Outlet as well as a trip to Chapters! From top to bottom we have:
Maybe Someday - Colleen Hoover
The Winner's Curse - Marie Rutkoski
The Bone Season - Samantha Shannon
Outlander - Diana Gabaldon (the only book I bought on my trip to Chapters)

I enjoyed Hopeless by Colleen Hoover a lot so I decided to pick up another one of her books which will also be included in my New Adult post. The three books on the top were all purchased from Book Outlet very recently so they most likely will still have them in stock. I was so excited to see The Bone Season because I've been dying to read it and they had a hardcover for only $3.59! 

This last pile came from the Book Depository. From top to bottom we have:
Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen
A Room with a View - E.M. Forster
The Time Machine - H.G. Wells
North and South - Elizabeth Gaskell
The Ocean at the End of the Lane - Neil Gaiman
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte (Penguin Drop Cap)
The Princess Bride - William Goldman/Michael Manomivibul (an illustrated edition)
I've decided to start collecting the Penguin Drop Cap editions because I think they are just so beautiful! I started with Jane Eyre because even though I have already read it, I've been wanting to reread it for a while. I am also currently reading Sense and Sensibility and loving it! I'm really looking forward to The Princess Bride because it's an illustrated edition and I've actually never read the book or seen the movie!  I'm planning on reading this and then watching the movie right after so I can compare the two. With a whopping total of 24 books it's safe to say I may have gone a little overboard. I think these three photos really show my eclectic taste in books as well as my book buying addiction! Needless to say I am on a ban until I can knock down my TBR (lets see how long I can last without cracking)!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 The Little Library Lounge

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi